Bible Sermons Online
Sermon Outline - Our Precious Children, Genesis ch.18 v.19
|Preacher||Rev. Maurice Roberts, Inverness|
|Sermon Title||Our Precious Children|
|Text||Genesis ch.18 v.19 |
Links to Bible chapters open in a new window.
- Abraham - father of the faithful.
- The OT/NT family of God is one.
- Abraham was an exemplary saint.
ABRAHAM IS OUR EXAMPLE AT HOME
OBSERVE: See how God commends him to us (TEXT)
- Outline of Abraham's life.
- Not a perfect life - but that of a great man of God.
- Our example:
- of prompt obedience
- of putting God first in life
- of particularly waiting for God's promise
- of reverence
- of prayerfulness
- of hospitality
- of selflessness
OUR CHILDREN ARE VERY PRECIOUS
- "seen and not heard"?
- "you will put them off religion"?
- That children are precious:
- their souls - immortal
- Christ's view and practice
- their childhood very short
- Children are our family treasures.
ILLUSTRATION: the mother of the GRACCHI.
- The way to think of them:
- the church of tomorrow - "lambs before sheep".
- training them for tomorrow (TEXT)
- "the way of the Lord"
- But what if they show no promise?
ANSWER: Never give up - pray and labour harder.
ILLUSTRATION: E. Reisinger and his son.
APPLICATION: O how precious they are!
SOME PRACTICAL POINTS
- Essential to give them the right mentality:
ILLUSTRATION: "We did not dare be unconverted"!
APPLICATION: "Children are bound to go away from the Gospel...they will come back (hopefully)".
- The example of the Dutch
- their family worship
- care over TV
- How helpful if we were to have many young people in all our churches!
- Strengthening the bonds:
- parental love first
- respect for good examples
- firmness and fairness (TEXT)
- The Prayer Meeting - why not?
This sermon outline has been downloaded from http://www.bible-sermons.org.uk