Bible Sermons Online
Sermon Outline - The Fall of Man, Genesis ch.3 vv.1-24
|Preacher||Rev. Maurice Roberts, Inverness|
|Sermon Title||The Fall of Man|
|Text||Genesis ch.3 vv.1-24 |
Links to Bible chapters open in a new window.
- We have seen Creation in Six Days
- Also life before the entry of sin
- Now we learn of the Fall
THE ORIGIN OF EVIL
- The creation of the angels
- Elect/reprobate angels
- The sin of Satan
- The prophetic passages: Isaiah 14:12f; Ezekiel 28:11f.
APPLICATION: See how sinful SIN is!
TEMPTATION AND HOW IT WORKS
- The two Trees: their special purpose.
- The serpent - an instrument used by Satan.
- The woman tempted first: why?
- The differences between Adam's/Eve's sin.
- The federal headship of Adam (Romans 5:12f).
- Temptation = persuasion to disobey the Word of God.
APPLICATION: See how different Christ was when he was faced by temptation: ("It is written").
THE FALL OF MANKIND
- Sin entered the world by one man.
- This is the 2nd of 4 states.
- Effects of sin: (i) shame (ii) guilt (iii) fear.
- We know good & evil from the standpoint of evil.
APPLICATION: This one sin brought misery and death on the whole world.
THE NECESSITY FOR JUDGEMENT
- God will call us all to account: "Where art thou?"
- God asks the questions men do not want to face.
- Sin must be exposed and punished.
- People will excuse themselves if they can.
- The punishments on them are just.
APPLICATION: God will bring everything into judgement.
TEXTS to prove it.
THE PROMISE OF A SAVIOUR
- Genesis 3:15: the "proto-evangelium".
- Enmity injected into society: Explain.
- The casualty to Christ's "heel".
- The wound to Satan's head: Revelation 2:10
- You must either go God's or Satan's way.
- God's way is the Bible-way.
- There is no Saviour for Satan; but there is for us sinners.
APPLICATION: We need, like Adam, to be "clothed" in the righteousness of Christ. Have you got it?
This sermon outline has been downloaded from http://www.bible-sermons.org.uk